Pera istanbul map
Map of pera istanbul. Pera istanbul map (Turkey) to print. Pera istanbul map (Turkey) to download. According to the prevailing theory, the Turkish name of Pera, Beyoğlu, is a modification by folk etymology of the Venetian ambassadorial title of Bailo, whose palazzo was the most grandiose structure in this quarter. The area of pera istanbul came to be the base of European merchants, particularly from Genoa and Venice, in what was then known as Pera (see pera istanbul map). Following the Fourth Crusade in 1204, and during the Latin Empire of Constantinople (1204–1261), the Venetians were more prominent in Pera. The Dominican Church of St. Paul (1233), today known as the Arap Camii, is from this period.
In 1273, Pera was given to the Republic of Genoa by the Byzantine Emperor Michael VIII Palaeologus in return for Genoa support of the Empire after the Fourth Crusade and the sacking of Constantinople in 1204. Pera became a flourishing trade colony, ruled by a Podestà (see pera istanbul map). Throughout Beyoğlu, there are many night clubs for all kinds of tastes. Babylon and Nu Pera are among the most popular European style night clubs and restaurants in the district of Istanbul, while Kemancı plays rock, hard rock and heavy metal.